Try and travel with the eyes of the spirit wide open,
and not too much factual information, to tune in….
You can extract the essence of a place once you know how.
If you just get as still as a needle, you’ll be there.
A child may ask, “What is the world’s story about?” And a grown man or woman may wonder, “What way will the world go? How does it end and, while we’re at it, what’s the story about?”
I believe that there is one story in the world, and only one, that has frightened and inspired us, so that we live in a Pearl White serial of continuing thought and wonder. Humans are caught — in their lives, in their thoughts, in their hungers and ambitions, in their avarice and cruelty, and in their kindness and generosity too — in a net of good and evil. I think this is the only story we have and that it occurs on all levels of feeling and intelligence. Virtue and vice were warp and woof of our first consciousness, and they will be the fabric of our last, and this despite any changes we may impose on field and river and mountain, on economy and manners. There is no other story. A man, after he has brushed off the dust and chips of his life, will have left only the hard, clean questions: Was it good or was it evil? Have I done well — or ill?
- Always take the initiative.
- There is nothing wrong with spending a night in jail if it means getting the shot you need.
- Send out all your dogs and one might return with prey.
- Never wallow in your troubles; despair must be kept private and brief.
- Learn to live with your mistakes.
- Expand your knowledge and understanding of music and literature, old and modern.
- That roll of unexposed celluloid you have in your hand might be the last in existence, so do something impressive with it.
- There is never an excuse not to finish a film.
- Carry bolt cutters everywhere.
- Thwart institutional cowardice.
- Ask for forgiveness, not permission.
- Take your fate into your own hands.
- Learn to read the inner essence of a landscape.
- Ignite the fire within and explore unknown territory.
- Walk straight ahead, never detour.
- Maneuver and mislead, but always deliver.
- Don’t be fearful of rejection.
- Develop your own voice.
- Day one is the point of no return.
- A badge of honor is to fail a film theory class.
- Chance is the lifeblood of cinema.
- Guerrilla tactics are best.
- Take revenge if need be.
- Get used to the bear behind you.
Beware the barrenness of a busy life -Socrates
Get your Voice Heard!
Dear Sea Angler/Conservationist
You have previously helped the Save Our Sea Bass Campaign – thank you very much for your valuable support. Now we need your help again.
If you want to:
- Get back the daily bag limit for sea anglers;
- Cut commercial bass fishing pressure; and
- Save the Sea Bass stock for future generations,
then please reply to the EU Commission’s 2019 Fishing Opportunities Consultation by clicking here:
The consultation closes tomorrow – don’t miss out on your chance to get your voice heard!
We would love to be able to keep in touch with you about this campaign and others. To subscribe to our new mailing list, please click here:
The Save Our Sea Bass Team
Faites entendre votre voix !
Chers pêcheurs en mer et chers environnementalistes
Vous avez déjà aidé Save Our Sea Bass ou pris part à une campagne de Save Our Sea Bass : merci beaucoup pour votre soutien efficace. Maintenant nous avons à nouveau besoin de votre aide
Si vous souhaitez:
- Récupérer un quota journalier de captures pour les pêcheurs en mer;
- Réduire la pression des professionnels du bar; et
- Sauver le stock de bar pour les générations futures.
Ensuite répondez à la consultation de la Commission Européenne sur les possibilités de pêche 2019 en cliquant ici:
la consultation sera fermée mardi – Ne laissez pas passer votre chance de vous faire entendre!
Nous apprécierions pouvoir rester en contact avec vous pour cette campagne et d’autres. Pour vous inscrire à notre newsletter, merci de cliquer ici:
The Save Our Sea Bass Team
Start to mentally couple the weather and the tide in your mind and before you go fishing you will almost certainly get that ‘primeval’ feeling of what to expect from your best angling marks. Subconsciously you will begin to make decisions about when and where to fish and even when not to fish.
Then slowly begin to establish natural patterns and rhythms that represent success and when you notice them falling into place a few days before you know are the best tidal times, the anticipation of waiting to go fishing can be incredibly exciting.
Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.
Considering the options on the best line for bass fishing?
With the current almost endless availability of options weights and technical designs it can become a difficult decision. I was recently working with a friend who is beginning to saltwater fly fish and inevitably the question came around to choosing the best line. He wanted my advice on which line to purchase, he was buying the gear online that evening. Now I own a ‘few’ saltwater fly lines most of which are stored on their original spools – and at times I take them on and off and put them on and off my reels to fish with. This is both a good and bad thing, so when it came to deciding is there one line that I could say was the best for bass fishing in Wexford, I hesitated.
Knowing Wexford as I do and indeed much of the coast of the South and West and also bearing in mind that John was just beginning to saltwater fly fish I didn’t want to confuse him, which to be honest can easily be done. When you take into consideration the rod he had purchased the places he was going to fish the flies he had to fish with and the conditions (tidal,speed of water and weather) he was likely to meet at any of the places where he liked to catch bass, these were factors that of course influenced any recommendation. I was also keenly aware that I wanted him to ‘move forward’ in both his casting and fishing, some lines are good at one or the other, few are good at both.
Some recommendations are as follows
- Guideline Coastal
- Rio Coastal Quickshooter
- Rio In-touch Striper
- Airflo Gulf Red-Fish
- Airflo Sniper